What did you do today?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
White Falcon

Re: What did you do today?

#1561 Post by White Falcon »

Working on knife, have it glued up.

Greg Felty

#1562 Post by Greg Felty »

Started tillering my red oak board bow
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

White Falcon

#1563 Post by White Falcon »

Started to shape up the knife.

jaydee2trad

#1564 Post by jaydee2trad »

The last week or so has been a tough one around here. The youngest step daughter (30s) has relapsed back into drugs again. she lives just over a hundred miles away and she needs to get back into a rehab again. so it is an emotional rollercoaster here with the wife who wants to run up there everyday to hold her hand and try to help her. But her friends who are also recovering addicts tell her what I keep telling her, that she has to hit rock bottom again so that she will want the recovery. The girl was doing great for several years and then she got involved with another, a woman that had her own problems. Then they got married and the problems got worse until divorced and now this. So I am stuck in the middle trying to keep my wife sane. The chaos with her is part of our life whether we want it or not. It is so sad, she is a very smart woman other than the addiction and other problems. So the phone calls and texts come all day long and late at night as we try to help her. it's not the same world that we once knew. and then you have your own struggles to deal with. but did manage to go to the lease yesterday and pull our two pop ups.

stumper

#1565 Post by stumper »

White Falcon wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:09 am Took my wife the ER yesterday. She had a mild stroke and stayed in the hospital overnight. She has some weakness on her left side but doing good. We are home now and ready for some recoup.
Glad she is recovering.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

White Falcon

#1566 Post by White Falcon »

Thanks! It will be slow progress on the walking, but getting better.

jaydee2trad

#1567 Post by jaydee2trad »

Ordered a new longbow from Maddog Bows. 45# @28", 68" Mountaineer. Mike said that it would be 6-8 weeks. Red Elm Limbs, Bocote riser. Have been fletching arrows. Will probably put my 62" 45# Ausable longbow on ebay in the future. I go later this month to begin getting stitches removed from my eye. just one at a time for a while as they adjust my cornea for better vision. Not a pleasant thing at all, rather painful but over with in about three minutes. Expecting a lot of ice today and tomorrow, hate the ice.

White Falcon

#1568 Post by White Falcon »

Sounds great.

jaydee2trad

#1569 Post by jaydee2trad »

How's your wife doing Grant? I hope that she is able to regain whatever the stroke may have affected. It gets harder to overcome things like strokes as we get older but it can be done. I hope for the best for both of you

Elkman
Site Admin

#1570 Post by Elkman »

I added a new broadhead to the Simmons Sharks website and line of concave broadheads.
They are calling it the "Great White".
For those who may be interested, the Great White screw on head weighs 225 gr and is 2 5/8” long by 2 1/4” wide.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Return to “Campfire”