The Daily Grind

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Shadowhntr

Re: The Daily Grind

#21 Post by Shadowhntr »

Captainkirk wrote:Dang, Tony...you clean up nice! 8-)
He's too purty to be an ol trad shootin hillbilly minister....
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#22 Post by Captainkirk »

Once again I found myself sitting at the kitchen table at 3:30am wolfing down a hurried breakfast with a hot cup o' joe wondering "Who in their right mind is up at this hour?" and then it dawned on me...nobody. :shock:
But it pays the bills, I guess. :roll:
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#23 Post by Carpdaddy »

What great memories you brought back Kirk! (NOT)
Done it too many times as I prepared to go underground in the coal mines! The only positive I found was that the traffic was not an issue at that hour.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#24 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote:What great memories you brought back Kirk! (NOT)
Done it too many times as I prepared to go underground in the coal mines! The only positive I found was that the traffic was not an issue at that hour.
That's true. While driving in this morning there is a lighted sign over the tollway that displays safety info. Today the sign said "Texting while driving is illegal". I wondered aloud, "What about sleeping while driving...?" :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

#25 Post by Crazynate »

Captainkirk wrote:
Crazynate wrote:I work for the local gas company here in SW Michigan. My crew responds to broken services, leaks, lots of house fires where our gas has ignited and lots of other emergencies relating to gas leaks. This picture is of my partner I was digging with the hoe. Lightning struck a tree and it went down through the roots and jumped on our copper wire that's by our service and it ignited. We were digging trying to find it so we could pinch it off. Image
:shock: :shock: :shock: Is that tree...burning?
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Crazynate

#26 Post by Crazynate »

Oops I'm terrible with these computers. Thought it posted my reply. Haha sorry. No it's actually a natural gas service line blowing that has ignited from lightning. It was under a tree when the tree was struck. That customers service was so blown apart we ran her a whole new one.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#27 Post by Captainkirk »

Crazynate wrote:Oops I'm terrible with these computers. Thought it posted my reply. Haha sorry. No it's actually a natural gas service line blowing that has ignited from lightning. It was under a tree when the tree was struck. That customers service was so blown apart we ran her a whole new one.
:shock: WOW! Scary, dude!
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#28 Post by stumper »

Here is my office and a pic of me on patrol. Never bored at work. Added a few extras on there too.
Attachments
Very special photo to me. Me my partner and two other friends saluting our recently fallen commrad sad night...:(..
Very special photo to me. Me my partner and two other friends saluting our recently fallen commrad sad night...:(..
IMG_1585.jpg (108.58 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
Me and the wife.
Me and the wife.
IMG_1584.jpg (107.59 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
IMG_1583.jpg
IMG_1583.jpg (115.71 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
IMG_1582.jpg
IMG_1582.jpg (77.85 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#29 Post by Captainkirk »

Hats off to you, sir, for your service and hard work. You guys really work for a living and don't get the respect you deserve for the most part.
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#30 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote:Hats off to you, sir, for your service and hard work. You guys really work for a living and don't get the respect you deserve for the most part.
Thank you sir.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”