Jokes/Humor

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
stumper

Re: Jokes/Humor

#231 Post by stumper »

Grizzly wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:19 am Stumper's beautiful refinishing job made me think of camo. I didn't want to get off his topic, so I came here instead.

Here's a funny about camo. Years ago, I decided to hunt does with a handgun when it became legal in Illinois. I bought a stainless steel Ruger single action .44 mag. Hunter model and then sprayed it with a couple of colors from those little cans you used to buy that claimed they were easy to remove. When I showed up at the local gunsmith's place one day I showed him my handiwork, that now was covered with an all flat, non reflective sort of camo look. I was pretty pleased with my self and the new non-reflective covering.

Again, I got that look, as he told me that was the ugliest gun he ever saw. He said what's wrong with something reflecting a little light? You see it all the time in nature. He then said, What. Do you think, that a deer would look up in a tree, see a stainless steel handgun and scream out to the others, "look out, he's got a gun"!!

When I finally sold it 30 years later, I think I may have gotten all of it off. I think the scope still had a touch of it here and there.

I think the hunting community has gone camo crazy. We're like sunfish. You can feed us anything and we'll bite. Some of my most enjoyable hunts were in jeans and wool, with my jungle hat and boots, along with my old boy scout poncho to sit on and a knife and compass. Then, either my recurve I'd just bought new in 1969 with a few Bear arrows in a Kwickee Kwiver or my Ithica Pump and a few shells in my pocket. Of coarse having Dad with me made them even more special.
Grizz. You and I are cut from the same cloth... all I hunt in is Jean's and wool. Feel free to hijack my threads anytime.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#232 Post by Carpdaddy »

:mrgreen:
Attachments
6B5408EF-2496-4510-A28A-3611D182826B.jpeg
6B5408EF-2496-4510-A28A-3611D182826B.jpeg (167.17 KiB) Viewed 1257 times

Graps

#233 Post by Graps »

I would call in to work if I had that with temps in the 70s. 8-)
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”