Side quiver I just finished

How to's, questions and build alongs for those who make or want to make their own gear made from leather. Get some tips on how you can make your own quiver, arm guard, etc. to go along with your Custom Traditional Bow.
Forum rules
No selling of leather goods unless you are a sponsor.
dhaverstick

Side quiver I just finished

#1 Post by dhaverstick »

I finished this side quiver today. I donated it to the United Bowhunters of Missouri and it will be auctioned off at their Festival on February 8th. I'm working on a similar one for the PBS Biennial Gathering in March. Springfield Leather Company has a bunch of giraffe leather in and I just had to get some!

The body of this quiver is giraffe. The brown trim near the mouth and the arrowhead are made from caiman hide. The other bling is ostrich leg skin. The yellow trim is deer hide and I carved the buttons out of deer antler. I carved the hanging ring out of moose antler. I used artificial sinew to sew everything up and it was all done by hand so it took me a while.

I configured this quiver to be worn either around your neck or from your belt.

Hopefully, it will make the club a little money.

Darren

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Side quiver I just finished

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

To call that "amazing" does it and you both a terrible injustice, Darren!
Aim small, miss small!

Greg Felty

#3 Post by Greg Felty »

That is awesome. The nicest quiver i have ever seen.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

WOW 😮! That is over the top Darren, beautiful work. And great ingenuity on the different ways of attaching and using.

Elkman
Site Admin

#5 Post by Elkman »

Wow Darren!
That quiver is awesome!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

dhaverstick

#6 Post by dhaverstick »

Thanks, everyone! It was a fun project. I hope the one I'm doing for the PBS auction turns out as well as this one did.

Darren

Grizzly

#7 Post by Grizzly »

Good for you. A fantastic donation which surely will fetch a good price at their auction. Your work is a sight to behold. I'm sure they will be worn with pride.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Leather Crafting”