Yeah, I commissioned a new bow

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
dhaverstick

Yeah, I commissioned a new bow

#1 Post by dhaverstick »

Okay, so there are some who claim that I might have an "addiction" to the acquisition of new bows. And while I dispute this ridiculous accusation, I do admit that I am "wood weak" and am easily convinced by unscrupulous bowyers that I need one of their creations when I see a pretty wood combination. Case in point: My good friend, Mike Dunnaway, of Wild Horse Creek Bows, preyed upon this weakness at the UBM Festival a couple of weeks ago when he had several bows on display sporting these spalted tamarind limb veneers (top picture). After I nudged his bait a few times, Mike set the hook by graciously helping me pick out a matching riser wood and, in no time at all, had me reeled into his table filling out the paperwork. The new 2-piece takedown longbow will have a cocobolo riser (bottom picture) to go along with the spalted tamarind on the limbs. He will have it made for me in a few months. I justified this purchase by telling myself that I deserved a new bow for my upcoming moose hunt in September. I'm not sure that even I believe that line of horse hockey but I'm getting the bow anyway. No, I don't have a problem, and if I did, I have it under control. But I don't have a problem...

Darren

Greg Felty

Re: Yeah, I commissioned a new bow

#2 Post by Greg Felty »

That will be a beautiful bow.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

To say I'm envious sounds petty. So I won't say nuttin'.... :lol:
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Ohhhh Yeeesss! I think you can live with this addiction if the wifey doesn’t kill you! Lol
Looks like it will be a beauty!

Return to “Campfire”