I have been a bad boy.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Longtrad

I have been a bad boy.

#1 Post by Longtrad »

Back at it again after a long break. Never lost my love for trad archery, life just became too busy.

Longtrad

Re: I have been a bad boy.

#2 Post by Longtrad »

Trying to post a pic of my 1965 griz but I don’t remember how to work the site and it says file size is too large? Can I upload through the site or is imgur or something like that a better way to show pics?

Longtrad

#3 Post by Longtrad »

I have been wheeling and dealing on eBay and Facebook trad sites.
I have picked up a few new bows. I am going to shoot through them all, keep my favourites and sell the rest. Life is too short and I want to try out soo many different bows.
The bear grizzly was my first real bow and holds a special place in my heart.
am not in as good of shooting shape as I used to be I have figured out. This 50 pound bow is kicking my butt lol.

dhaverstick

#4 Post by dhaverstick »

Glad to have you back!

Darren

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Better late than never, LT!
Try posting your image code straight to the dialogue box.
Aim small, miss small!

Elkman
Site Admin

#6 Post by Elkman »

Longtrad wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:23 pm Trying to post a pic of my 1965 griz but I don’t remember how to work the site and it says file size is too large? Can I upload through the site or is imgur or something like that a better way to show pics?
Hello and welcome back!

I have a max file size of 350k and image size of 850 pixels setup in the software to to keep the backups smaller.
Find yourself an app or software that can help you edit, resize and compress images. There are many out there and a lot of them are free.

Now days with all these high resolution cameras some file sizes are very large, 3 to 5 megabytes or more. Way bigger than needed for basic websites. A file size of 100k and 600x800 pixels is still plenty for what I think we need here. The image will still have good quality.
To help make things a little easier there is software on the server that will even change the image for you if you are still a little over the sizes I have setup in the software.

You can use image storage sites, just copy and paste the code your image site gives you in the reply window like Kirk mentioned.
If you need more help let us know.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Longtrad

#7 Post by Longtrad »

Getting a file too large error when I try to attach from my phone. I will have to figure out how to work Imgur again and link from there I guess. It will be a bit of a wait but you boys are in for a treat. I picked up a few bows on eBay. Some on accident (long story) some on purpose.

I think Kirk will get a kick out of them as they are fine vintage bears. One is a 1965 zebra wood griz 51#
One is a 56” polar 40# They are both beautiful. I am hoping the 56 inch polar will be a nice small game bow.

Longtrad

#8 Post by Longtrad »

Does anyone have a phone number for david hyer? When bubthe handle stumper? I owe him some give away arrows that i was not able to finish before life dumped on me. It’s been nagging me in the back of head for years and i would like to make it right. Does he still post on any trad sites? Not from what i can tell. What about carpdaddy and shadowhunter? Still active?

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Longtrad wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:22 pm Does anyone have a phone number for david hyer? When bubthe handle stumper? I owe him some give away arrows that i was not able to finish before life dumped on me. It’s been nagging me in the back of head for years and i would like to make it right. Does he still post on any trad sites? Not from what i can tell. What about carpdaddy and shadowhunter? Still active?
I can put you in touch with Dave Hyer. He has not been active on the sites I'm on for some time, and he moved from Baton Rouge to KY, I believe. He was Stumper on here, yes.
Carpdaddy is still on here once in a blue moon. Shadowhunter left with no forwarding address some time ago, said it was for personal reasons and I didn't press him on it.
Yeah...I'd LOVE to see your vintage Bears. Picked me up a '69 Super Kodiak Black Beauty a few years back that needed some...OK, a lot...of TLC but it's probably my favorite bow right now. I'm really glad to see you back here!

Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#10 Post by Longtrad »

56 bear polar 100 bucks to my door. This was the diamond In the rough. I think it’s a 1962-3-4? Very nice wood. Very nice shape aside from some finish peeled off the ibeam from a stick on rest I am guessing and 2 vertical stress lines on the lower limb. (Don’t catch a fingernail) and a stress crack on the upper limb (does catch a finger nail)

Trying to think of the best plan of attack to for repair. I do not want to do a full refinish. Suggestions and ideas are more than welcome for all of these bows.
Attachments
IMG_0036.jpeg
IMG_0036.jpeg (163.89 KiB) Viewed 68 times
IMG_0035.jpeg
IMG_0035.jpeg (167.84 KiB) Viewed 68 times
IMG_0034.jpeg
IMG_0034.jpeg (156.26 KiB) Viewed 68 times
IMG_0033.jpeg
IMG_0033.jpeg (110.47 KiB) Viewed 68 times
IMG_0032.jpeg
IMG_0032.jpeg (182.67 KiB) Viewed 68 times
IMG_0031.jpeg